Thursday 15 March 2012

Believe it, it's the new chocolate generation!


sneakers made of chocolate

The lovers of chocolate are being introduced to a totally new chocolate generation. Chocolate makers such as Simon Dunn Chocolatier,Gayles Chocolates and many others are slowly moving away from the normal chocolate bar look, to more extravagant styles.

I know that I would definitely buy a chocolate shaped as a stilleto or sneaker just for the fun of staring at it for hours and then eating it. Even people who rarely buy chocolate will be eager to buy this kind of chocolate.


stilletos made of chocolate

Private chocolate makers are using these kinds of chocolate to up their sales. They know that when you see a normal chocolate bar you would just pass and not buy it. But when you see a chocolate shoe, you would freeze in awe and immediately dig into your pockets.

A chocolate shoe has the awe of the intricate detail of how they made it. but once you take a bite a guilty showers over you knowing that someone has put their blood, sweat and tear into making that shoe and you have just ruined it! 

This type of chocolate will obviously cost more than a normal chocolate bar. But, is moving away from the traditional style appropriate?  For the company's sales figures it's an undoubtable yes, but as for the consumers pocket, that's a totally different story.








3 comments:

  1. Honestly, I'd rather buy real stellitos not stelllitos made of chocolate, because with real stellitos I can walk and still keep them, and stellitos made of chocolate doesn't change the fact that I just want to indulge when I eat chocolate regardless of it's shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oh my... people are really creative out there.It's true when they say "you learn something new everyday",nice one Dudu. I looovvveee chocolate and heels but I honestly don't think that I'd buy myslef or someone the Stilleto or Sneaker. I would rather buy and indulge in chocolate without drowning in guilt of ruining someones master piece of art

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm It looks yummy thou, i would get the chocolate sneakers any day!

    ReplyDelete